November: The Transition Meeting
Note from the scribe, Barb: going forward, we will post meeting notes monthly so that all members can see what fabulousness they missed and what’s in store for the next meeting.
Lark Book Publishing contributed copies of Pretty in Patchwork Doll Quilts by Cathy Gaubert to the first 50 Modern Quilt Guilds that responded to their offer. Anne Marie was quick to raise her hand and now we have one to share.
Fat quarters were swapped by everyone who is participating in the Sewing Caddy exchange that Linda is coordinating. Be sure to bring your finished masterpieces to the next meeting.
Thoughts for the new year…
· If anyone is interested in participating in another book club, let Dana know. If you’d like to join the current book club that’s reading The Artist’s Way, let Barb know.
· If you have any quilt puzzles at home; (you know those projects you’re working on and you’re not quite sure what to do next… I know you know what I mean…whether you admit it or not, we’ve all been there) bring them to our meeting. We have many talented members who would be happy to share words of wisdom.
· A list was sent around to see what demos we’d like this year. (How to sew on a binding was a quite a popular topic.) Several members offered to share their techniques with the group.
· Book Exchange starts next month – Donate a book or relatively new magazine and get a coupon. Hand in that coupon whenever you want to redeem it for one of the books or magazines that have been collected. Thanks, Kathy for coordinating!
· Northeast Ohio Quilting Council - Paula let us know that this group will have a retreat in Painesville in February. Various classes will be offered. Hotel accommodations Friday-Sunday and six meals are included in the cost. What is the cost, you ask? I’m not sure because I didn’t write it down, but I’m sure Paula could answer that question for you. J
· Business Cards – If you’ve been with the guild for at least 3 months, you qualify for our faaaabulous CMQG business card. Among other things you can use it to get a JoAnn VIP Discount Card - - it will give you a 10% discount at any JoAnn store. See Abby if you need a card.
Maria Elkins will be our guest speaker at the December 15 meeting. She’s a fabulous quilt artist from the Dayton area. Check out her website to see some of her amazing work à http://mariaelkins.com/ As of our meeting in November, there are only four tickets remaining!
See you all on December 15 for our last meeting of 2011!
Here are some pictures of the show and tell from this month's meeting:
Post a Comment