|Wrist pincushion swap results!|
AKA - Linda’s Incredibly Awesome Trunk Show Meeting
· NQA is looking for volunteers to help with the show in June. If you’re interested, you’ll find the volunteer form on the NQA site à http://nqaquilts.org/2012show/
· Little dresses for Africa – Don’t forget this fabulous philanthropy project! Those darling dresses are due at the next meeting (May 17). Directions on how to make these easy to construct dresses that are no bigger than a pillowcase and so much appreciated can be found on this link à http://www.
· Next Sew In at Quilt Trends - is May 19. You can sign up here for 10:00-2:00 or 2:00 to 5:00 or if you want, sign up for both sessions. If you haven’t attended before, it really is a blast and a great chance to share ideas with other guild members and their friends.
· Abbe is looking into a fabric shopping road trip for July, so more details to come.
· The Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild had a Meet Up in Cincinnati the Saturday of the International Quilt Show. Everyone met at a hotel restaurant after the show. Some vendors were invited too. Apparently a fabulous time was had by all. So fabulous in fact that we hope to do something similar in Columbus in June during the NQA show.
· The Midwest Modern Quilt Guilds are looking into a retreat. Dana and Linda are looking into it, so stay tuned!
· Next CMQG meeting dates:
o May 17
o May 19 - Sew in!
o No meeting in June so that we can all go to NQA!!
o July 26 – NOTE: This is not our usual third Thursday
o Aug. 16
o Sept. 20
o Oct. 18
o Nov. 15
o Dec. date is yet to be finalized
Last but absolutely not least; Linda gave us a trunk show of some of her amazing garments. There were many amazing pieces including a mink lined coat. Follow her inspiring work and publishing company (there is a new book coming out soon! - and other fabulous patterns) at Dragonthreadsopenbook.blogspot.com/