January: Beautiful Binding Basics
Our February 16th Meeting Demos will include curved piecing and our next swap will be announced! Also, be sure to bring quilting and sewing books to exchange as part of our quilt book library! Lots of awesome books were available at this meeting.
The January Sew In at Quilt Trends was a great success – projects were completed, tips were shared, and a splendid time was had by all - be sure to come to the next sew in - on March 10th @ Quilt Trends - 11 AM - 5 PM.
Abbie shared a great demo on how to sew on a nice smooth binding.
What Helpful Info Should We Add to the CMQG Web Site?
Here are some ideas; let Dana know if you …
· ...have a blog that you’d like to have added to the CMQG web site.
· …would like to share the name of a favorite quilt shop (like Fabric Shack in Waynesville!).
· …are aware of any quilt retreats.
· …have any websites you’d like to share like Handmade by Alissa). à http://www.handmadebyalissa.
News from National Modern Quilt Guild:
· MQG is going to have a showcase at the Fall Market in Houston. They are looking for some submissions that demonstrate great craftsmanship. Here’s the link for more info: http://
· A MQG Convention is being planned for February 2013 and will be called… (drum roll please)…QuiltCon! There will be lots more information coming our way - - such as where it will be located. One thing we know is that they will be looking for volunteers to help.
· The Worthington Arts Center near the corner of 161 and High Street is going to have an Amish Exhibit in April. They are looking for someone to hand quilt for a couple hours to show visitors how it’s done. If you or a couple friends are interested, contact Dana.
· Westerville Community Center at the corner of Cleveland Avenue and County Line Road is currently running a quilt exhibit that you might want to check out – Beth Schillig has several items entered.
· Inniswood Metro Garden - the park’s annual quilt show that will begin January 28. Here’s the link to the Inniswood web site à http://www.inniswood.org/
Did you know…
· Hobby Lobby sells Kona solids! And better yet…they’re quite often 30% off. That is a great tip!
· Check out http://www.oneprettything.com/
for some great craft ideas
Next Meeting is February 16
We’ll learn about a new philanthropy project as well as a new swap so hope to see you all there!
At the meeting we were talking about making continuous bias binding and I just came across this great tutorial at No Big Dill: http://thedillspiel.blogspot.com/2012/01/every-time-my-mom-comes-to-visit-i.htmlReplyDelete
Thanks for the link! I'm totally going to try it on my next quilt! Yay!ReplyDelete