Binding Class - Sat, 2/16 from 12 - 4 PM and the cost is $25. People can call the shop to register. There are minimal supplies needed - some strips from scraps for binding practice and basic sewing supplies that people should already have.
Notes from Columbus Modern Quilt Guild – January 17 Meeting Notes “The What Will 2013 Bring” Meeting
At the beginning of the meeting we broke into small groups and talked about what we like most about our fabulous guild as well as what we’d like to do in 2013. Dana and Stacey took scrupulous notes. (Hope you’re feeling better, Abbe; we missed you!)
Some of the incredible ideas included
- Evening Sew In
- A micro quilt challenge to focus on quilting
- Demos on…
- how to hang your quilts
- how to photograph your quilts
- T-shirt quilts (the “cool kind” )
- Quilt labels
- MQG has a Kaffe Fassette 300 word essay challenge. (Hopefully you all read Karen’s submission that Dana distributed – it was a-w-e-s-o-m-e!). There are fabulous prizes involved so check it out.
- Madona Road fabric challenge is happening now! Here are the guidelines we put together for our guild: o
- 120” maximum parameter
- Stars & Stripes is our theme
- Deadline is the April CMQG meeting
- There are already some finished Madrona Road pieces in our Flickr group!
- Jaclyn is putting together a Rainbow Jellyroll Swap. If you’re interested check out this link on our guild’s blog. But here are the basics…sign up to bring one color, no solids, no batiks, bright 20 strips 2.5” wide.
- Our next meeting is Feb. 21 which is the first day of Quilt Con! Hope you can all make it.