January - BREAK
February- Katy J.
March- Darci M.
April- Kim H.
May- Cynthia H.
June- Meig Heyburn
August- Christina L.
September- Donna E.
October- Heather P.
November- Cynthia C.
Each month, we will have a different “Queen Bee” and everyone else will be the “worker bees.” Responsibilities for each role are listed below:
- The meeting prior to the your month as queen bee, please fill out the google form found in your email, on the blog and also on the facebook page. So we will be able to share the information with the group and also post it on the blog. (Example: If Leigh was Queen for September she would need to fill out the form the day before the August meeting.)
- Google Form:https://goo.gl/forms/Q4dCVKPMfXHvTmMB2
- If you have your own blog and want to write and host your post there and provide me with a link, that’s cool too. We’re all friends here! Please make sure you answer all the question that is on the Bee block form on your blog.
- The quilt block can not be any larger than 16 inches finished (16.5 unfinished)
- Respect other people’s copyright. Make you use a free, easily accessible pattern. There is so many blogs with free patterns. Do not set a block out of a book unless you are sure that everyone in your Bee has that book. It is frowned upon to copy a pattern out of a book and distribute it without the author/originators approval.
- Queens must be present at the meeting for the month you are Queen for. Your “workers” spend time and fabric making you blocks, being there to receive them is a must
- Each month you will make 1 block for the queen bee based on the specified instructions. You will have 1 or 2 queen bees depending on how many you signed up.
- Bring the block(s) to the guild meeting that month. For example, if you are making blocks for the February queen bee, those blocks should come with you to the February meeting. If you will not be able to make the meeting block needs to be mailed to the queen or Leigh Morgan prior to the missed meeting.
- you’ll be using fabric from your stash to make the blocks. (See fabric requirements below)
Extenuating circumstances do happen…we totally understand. People move across the country, have a baby or two, get a promotion at work that suddenly has you working around the clock, etc. If you cannot meet the deadline please let Leigh Morgan know and we will work something out.
Queen bees- When filling out the form please be as specific as possible with your fabric likes and dislikes. We want to make sure that we make a block that you'll love!
Fabrics should be “Quilt Shop” quality, modern fabrics. What does that mean? For the most part, fabrics from our favorite big box bargain store shouldn't be included. You know the ones… itchy, kinda transparent, etc. Please don’t include batiks, reproduction prints, etc. unless the queen bee specifically requests it.
Ok, that was really a lot of words to say just a little. Most importantly, have fun with the process! Hopefully we can challenge each other to learn new skills, play with new color schemes, and just get to know each other a little better over the course of the year.
And if you’re so inclined to play along on Instagram hashtag: #CbusMQBee
Now after you have read the rules please fill out this google form to sign up by November 30th 2017...